Hi ya'll! This is Maria's and Hecki's blog to tell about us and our special connection to the United States! We are very good friends from Hamburg, Germany with two or three homes besides our hometown Hamburg; Pleasant Grove, Utah and Marion, South Carolina. Have fun reading our blog!

August 03, 2008

Hamburger Dom (August 4)


For today we planed to do lots of things together. So Julia came for breakfast with "Brötchen" at 12 pm. After it Hecki and I took a walk with Nemo. At 4 pm we started our wonderful trip to the Hamburger Dom. It is something like a festival with lots of cool things: roller coasters, carousels...
It was amazing! In the beginning the weather was really okay. The "Dancer" was Julia's and my first ride. We two love that one. But when the carousel stopped so that new persons could ride the Dancer we were looking for a free car and saw in front of us a girl who was throughing up. That was disgusting but we also felt sorry for her!
Then we had our ride on Dancer and we loved it!!!

The "Dom" is pretty big so we walked for a little while to ride the next carousel which we would like to ride ;)
The next one
was "Wildwasser" (wild water) but Julia didn't want to pay money for this ride so she stand outside and took some pictures. Hecki, Moritz and I stood in the line and watched the people who were coming out of the wild water and were pretty wet!
Then I really wanted to go into the "Frisbee": it's almost a swing boat where the boat is always turning another and another... round! I love
the fly feeling but finally I had to make Hecki doing this ;) but I guess he liked it too - even though just a little bit ;)
Beside this we saw lots of Amercian stuff like flags and corn on the cob! ;)
Another great thing is to ride the big wheel but it's really expensive and we always have taken a ride in the past so we didn't want to pay that much for something we do know really well.
Then we walked by the "Airwolf". A real
big ride that Riley would have loved. We got sick even when we looked at it...=)
Hey you guys remember the "Wild Mouse" in lagoon? We have that one in Hamburg too!! Cool, hu?!

The next thing Moritz and Hecki wanted to try bumper cars (I wanted too, but not with my headache ;).
It's pretty funny...when you st
and in line you are always listening to such different music anytime. This ride was Hip Hop style. Within Hecki and Moritz!

Okay, this is the "Olympia" roller coaster. It's amazing!!!!!

I really wanted to take a ride and so did Julia but it was too expensive. Finally I didn't care about it, because that roller coaster looked soo awesome! So I took a ride and I really don't regret it! It was that amazing! 5 loops in succession and I was screaming, screaming and screaming!!! haha ;)

Since I wanted Hecki in the swing boat he wanted to make me in something like a mirror carousel - around us were only mirrors and you have to find your way to the end by to feel around for free ways through he mirrors and glasses. Hecki and I did a BAD job! ;) It took about 15 min to get out of this random thing...

When we got out of it, it started to rain. Wonderful rain! No, just kidding! But it's funny to see all the people trying to get somewhere under.
At last I just took a picture of our biggest and I think one of the most beautiful churches of Hamburg. In front of the church were the "Dom" and the biggest chairoplane.

Finally you can't see very much of the church. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like you had fun!! I've always wanted to go into one of those Mirror mazes, but I have never seen one in Utah. I miss you all quite a bit, keep in touch!!

    Riley

    ReplyDelete